- RULE NUMBER ONE: All rulings and or decisions of the Tournament Director are FINAL
and Not open to DEBATE or DISCUSSION.
- 1. How to Win- The team that weighs in the heaviest combined weight of THREE FLUKE wins.
- 2. Teams may win only one tournament prize (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) but may win multiple Calcuttas.
- 3. START: Team may leave or launch from any port within a 20 nautical mile range of Sandy Hook.
- 4. Teams may Leave at any time HOWEVER - NO LINES IN FOR ANY REASON before 6:00 AM (Nets are not lines!)
- 5. Weigh Station open 1PM – 4 PM at Leonardo State Marina, Leonardo NJ. Any team wishing to weigh a fish must be checked in by 4 PM. Teams that are inside the rock wall outside Leonardo State Marina may contact the Tournament committee vis VHF channel 69 and be visually checked in BEFORE 6 PM.
- 6.Teams must arrive at the weigh station in the registered team vessel, by water with all fish, and official team number aboard. No walk in or drive up weighs will be accepted for weighing
- 7. In the event of a tie the earliest fish weighed-in will prevail.
- 8. Teams must abide by all laws, regulations and boater safety standards. In the event a team is cited for an offense that has a bearing on the tournament results the Tournament Director may intervene and at his sole discretion choose to disqualify the team, a fish or an angler. This ruling will be final upon announcement- see rule #1.
- 9. Protest, challenges or complaints must be made IN PERSON, by the Registered Team Captain and the challenge must be a firsthand account by an eyewitness PRIOR to 30 minutes after the scale closes. The tournament Director will rule on how to proceed. 30 minutes after the Scale Closes (or last fish is weighed in, whichever is later) results will be final and not subject to challenge.
- 10. Official tournament weight and or length of fish is determined at the time of weigh-in. Once weighed in the team will receive an official weight sheet signed by a DIRECTOR. Once signed the fish is the property of the team. If the fish shrinks, grows, loses or gains weight after the weight is certified that is between the team and their fish. There is no re-weighing or reconsideration. No outside scale or measuring device will be considered after an official size and weight has been signed off. No certification or legal opinion as to the legality of any fish weighed is made.
- 11. Multiple fish may be weighed in. The Team Captain will determine which fish he would like certified and entered.
- 12. Teams may have unlimited Anglers however there is a limit of six lines in the water at any time.
- 13. WEATHER: Tournament may be rescheduled or cancelled at the discretion of the tournament committee due to weather. In the event the tournament is cancelled, one winner will be drawn from a hat and the prize will be based on the total number paid team entries. There will be no 2nd, 3rd place or minimums. Ultimately the go/no-go lies with the team captain. The team captain is responsible for the safety of his vessel and team members.